H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »
So, I've been thinking about this and Koringhus shows us two things, which I am not sure if they are meant to parallel Kellhus or not: compassion, in saving the boy when he knew it made no sense since he was a defective, and madness, in jumping off the cliff.

Is this meant to elicit the recognition of such in Kellhus?  Or a red-herring?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 08:21:28 pm »
Interesting catch.

A flaw in the Anasurimbor gene pool they could never breed out - probably because there's something extraordinary in their genes that they had to continue breeding in.

What will Kellhus' Leap be... Keep the qirri away from him
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 12:22:44 am »
Lol - so hesitant to use the draft as evidence. I'm so excited for Somnambulist and I because we can have another novel experience with TGO :).

But... Kellhus and Proyas were sharing Chanv-laced Anpoi (which I'm fairly sure is that Conriyan fish-liquor that Achamian drinks the night he and Serwe...)
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 01:06:18 am »
Lol - so hesitant to use the draft as evidence. I'm so excited for Somnambulist and I because we can have another novel experience with TGO :).

But... Kellhus and Proyas were sharing Chanv-laced Anpoi (which I'm fairly sure is that Conriyan fish-liquor that Achamian drinks the night he and Serwe...)
Explicitly Kellhus pours Proyas a glass of chanv-laced anpoi. Implicitly they are sharing it, but Kellhus does not drink it on-screen. A strange one-liner to be sure.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 01:31:29 am »
Damnit.

Well, perhaps, I'll find it and share later but there's a definitely a line in the draft about Kellhus drinking the same Anpoi.

EDIT: I'm going to have to pull back because I don't want to inadvertently give things away in the differences.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 10:27:01 am »
Damnit.

Well, perhaps, I'll find it and share later but there's a definitely a line in the draft about Kellhus drinking the same Anpoi.

EDIT: I'm going to have to pull back because I don't want to inadvertently give things away in the differences.

It's in the ARC too:

Proyas glared as a wounded child over the edge of the bowl as he drank.  Kellhus felt the concoction bloom warm and sweet over his own tongue and throat.

Unless this is saying that Proyas drank it and Kellhus felt it?

EDIT: oh and anpoi is made from peaches not from fish,  ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:00:56 am by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 10:38:19 pm »
Damnit.

It's in the ARC too:

Proyas glared as a wounded child over the edge of the bowl as he drank.  Kellhus felt the concoction bloom warm and sweet over his own tongue and throat.

Unless this is saying that Proyas drank it and Kellhus felt it?

EDIT: oh and anpoi is made from peaches not from fish,  ;)

Is chanv-laced anpoi the ruffies of Earwa?

I thought that was a really disturbing section until I realized Kellhus was drinking it too. I assume it takes addiction and massive usage before the negative effects like translucent skin begin. I find it interesting that Kellhus is drinking it. although it gives sharper mental abilities, I just assumed Kellhus would have a disdain for drugs. There I go trying to impose earth beliefs on Earwa :)
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 06:47:16 pm »
I'm not at all surprised he's drinking it. Living longer and being 'smarter' seems like two very relevant things for Kellhus.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 12:29:17 am »
Well, we can be certain he wouldn't use it without first understanding it.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 07:33:23 pm »
Back to the Demua Mountains...

Did anyone else notice that when the Serwe-skin-job calls out to the boy she does it in Dunyainic? It specifically says Dunyainic and not Kuniuric. I know the two languages are related, but Bakker went through the trouble of mapping out the evolution of languages in Earwa, and I think this could be significant--though I'll admit it may be a glitch in the Matrix, I don't think it is, because in earlier sections it differentiates between what Akka speaks and what the boy and Koringhus speak.

So if this is the case, it means the Consult has Dunyain captives or Dunyain allies.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 07:53:49 pm »
So if this is the case, it means the Consult has Dunyain captives or Dunyain allies.

Well, there is a third option, which is that the Consult had skin-spys learn to imitate Dunyain, perhaps in an effort to lure the ones in the TTH to come out, or show themselves.  I guess that still does mean they had some as captives though.

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 09:19:17 pm »

Well, there is a third option, which is that the Consult had skin-spys learn to imitate Dunyain, perhaps in an effort to lure the ones in the TTH to come out, or show themselves.  I guess that still does mean they had some as captives though.
Indeed. Someone would have to teach the skin spy to speak Dunyainic.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 09:58:43 pm »
Going on bloodline connections for dreams, I'm guessing an elderly Dunyain, potentially an Anasurimbor, that is in the final sequence.

Dunyainic is a good catch.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:31 am »
Going on bloodline connections for dreams, I'm guessing an elderly Dunyain, potentially an Anasurimbor, that is in the final sequence.

Dunyainic is a good catch.

That is interesting, because now I am thinking about what it takes to really get the No-God going.  I couldn't just be a critical mass of souls, because otherwise, it would be super easy to fire it back up.

No, what is it that Nau-CayĆ»ti had that was instrumental in allowing them to raise the No-God? (Presuming, of course, that this (he?) is indeed what they needed, which seems circumstantially true.)  What if it needs a true self-moving soul to get it running?  And that the Consult is doing is dumping soul after soul into it (it, what is it?  I am still kind of buying my Inverse Fire-as a power source, of sorts, theory, perhaps?) in the hopes that one is really a self-moving soul and so jump-starts the No-God?

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 05:30:55 pm »
No-God = Zero-God = Yatwer, amirite???

No.

I think it is more like the Zero-God = The Absolute.

Thus, Koringhus grasped the Absolute.

The Absolute is that which comes before everything, the sum of all consciousness.

The No-God is the antithesis of the Absolute.

The No-God is the sum of all non-consciousness.