[TGO SPOILERS] Ishterebinth

• 112 Replies

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2016, 07:04:59 pm »
*Looks back and into the other thread   Bollocks. lol  Honestly, because locke didn't cite where he found it I assumed it was just another excerpt from TGO and not TTT.  I was super elated to think I had found some new detail.  Well this is pretty embarrassing.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2016, 11:06:01 pm »
Lol - no worries :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2016, 07:48:19 pm »
Ok so thoughts:

Love the speculation on Serwa's intent. My initial reading was one that she was going to unleash fury but my subsequent read I was not so sure. A lot of reasons now (with the changed dynamics in Ishteribinth) for that not to be the case. Although I do expect that Metagnostic sorcery trumps Nonman Artifacts. Shae broke the Barricades wrought by Emilidis and he was only genius level intellect, not Dunyain level intellect. For all we know the Collars made by other Artificers might be like cheap knock offs.

I found the idea of some of the Mansions turning their backs on Men whilst others embraced them and the Mansions slow descent into Madness heartbreaking. For some reason I find the Ishteribinth scenes more tragically sad than horrifying.

The Tall are just awesomeness in a huge nutshell.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2016, 08:17:37 pm »
Emidilis is the one who fashioned the collar. Serwa's singing will not be mundane. I see the argument for it, I just don't see that happening. I recall in her inner dialogue being led to the throne room, she said the time for singing (mundane) was over.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wic

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2016, 02:22:29 am »
I've flip-flopped on the mundane/sorcerous singing. I don't believe the metagnosis can, by it's very nature, escape whatever trigger the agonic collar has, since to my understanding it's simply the addition of a second inutteral.

Only thing I can think is that Kellhus designed a spell specifically to break a collar, and taught it to Serwa as a contingency. An inutteral that masks the others maybe.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »
I've not long finished, me recollection of that scene was she was about to use sorcery.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2016, 07:41:44 am »
I've flip-flopped on the mundane/sorcerous singing. I don't believe the metagnosis can, by it's very nature, escape whatever trigger the agonic collar has, since to my understanding it's simply the addition of a second inutteral.

Only thing I can think is that Kellhus designed a spell specifically to break a collar, and taught it to Serwa as a contingency. An inutteral that masks the others maybe.
Math thesis point spell used to overcome the barriers should be effective against other Emilidis manufactured artifacts such as the agonic collar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2016, 07:56:03 am »
Yeah it does seem a bit like setting up sorcery, could be just a cop out though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk