Earwa > The No-God

TNG- Your expectations and wants

<< < (12/12)

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: MSJ on May 21, 2018, 04:51:55 pm ---
--- Quote from:  TLEILAXU ---But how does Mimara become a Christ figure when the God is blinded? I interpret the scene where she lets go of her chorae as her abandoning her destiny as a prophetess.
--- End quote ---

I read that scene as letting go of the chorae to save her hide.... I didn't see it as her loosing her prophetess status. Akka was her only escape and Akka can't fly with a chorae. She still has The Judging Eye.

--- End quote ---

During my initial read, I was confused by that scene as it's written ( imho ) as TL explains, but it was working when it could see TNG through the illusion. So either it stopped working when the winds started blowing or it still works - and likely MSJ's explanation is correct and transitioned into hauling ass mode. I still like my idea that it's a "plant" that will provide vulnerability/access to TNG, but alas, doesn't seem credible ( just cool! ).

H:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on May 21, 2018, 04:42:44 pm ---But how does Mimara become a Christ figure when the God is blinded? I interpret the scene where she lets go of her chorae as her abandoning her destiny as a prophetess. I still think she's going to be important, but she's no longer "backed" by divine grace.
Two different ways could mean two different ways humans cope with existence in a meaningless world. We have baseline humans and then we have the meaningfully-truncated Dûnyain.
--- End quote ---

Well, one thing is that Mimara is not a 1:1 map of Christ, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Mimara's ability, that is The Judging Eye itself, is not divine, per se, but is actually proto-divine, if I understand it correctly.  That is, if we can believe what Koringhus tells us (very debatable) the source of the Eye (and so of Judgement) is the Cubit, to which god, the gods, or even The God of Gods is still subject.

But I can't pretend that I know, factually, that Mimara's Eye will work with the advent of the No-God.  My hunch is that the Cubit, being the firmament of everything, does still work.  I have no way to prove or disprove that though.  In the absence of a negative, which I don't think it plausible in the "line" that Koringhus presents us, the continuum is the Cubit at Zero, the Hundred at 1/100, and I presume the Solitary God, or the God of Gods, would be One.  As such, there is no subtraction that puts us at less than Zero.  In fact, Zero might well be a firmament of the No-God itself, but I can't actually articulate in words my thoughts on that right now.

If any of that word salad makes sense, I'm not sure...

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: H on May 21, 2018, 08:19:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on May 21, 2018, 04:42:44 pm ---But how does Mimara become a Christ figure when the God is blinded? I interpret the scene where she lets go of her chorae as her abandoning her destiny as a prophetess. I still think she's going to be important, but she's no longer "backed" by divine grace.
Two different ways could mean two different ways humans cope with existence in a meaningless world. We have baseline humans and then we have the meaningfully-truncated Dûnyain.
--- End quote ---

Well, one thing is that Mimara is not a 1:1 map of Christ, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Mimara's ability, that is The Judging Eye itself, is not divine, per se, but is actually proto-divine, if I understand it correctly.  That is, if we can believe what Koringhus tells us (very debatable) the source of the Eye (and so of Judgement) is the Cubit, to which god, the gods, or even The God of Gods is still subject.

--- End quote ---
The way I see it, the world is more like a bicameral mind where the God/the Gods are the "speaking" part. God is not apart from the Cubit, but IS the Cubit (imagine objective morals built into the very fabric of the cosmos), at least one aspect of it, orthogonal to the real (always loved the sound of this phrase).

--- Quote from: H on May 21, 2018, 08:19:05 pm ---If any of that word salad makes sense, I'm not sure...

--- End quote ---
I believe the answer is a resounding no  ;)

edit: I also had some responses to MSJ and TaoHorror but I guess I overwrote them by mistake... Just to be clear that I'm not completely ignoring you guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version