• 18 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« on: April 02, 2018, 06:53:28 pm »
I want to do a reread of the entire series. Find the hidden nuggets. See, if clues of Ajokli are there, and so on.

I don't want this to be something we fly through. Whoever is interested, we will discuss how much we read and discuss per week. I'd like it to be little enough that it not make it impossible to read other works. Say......1-3 chapters a week.

I'm sure Madshire would like all discussion to be in the almanac. I think thats the right way any how. So, how many would be interested, and committed to seeing it through? Let me know and we'll discuss a start date. I think alot of people could participate. In talking taking this slow, so the amount of reading isnt a problem. We have no deadlines for any upcoming book, so we can go at a slow sustained pace and everyone participate. Who knows what we might uncover? Hmmm?

[EDIT Madness: Fixed the title.]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:34:45 pm by Madness »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 07:46:17 pm »
I'd be interested in taking part in this. :)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:32:17 pm »
I'm interested. I'd suggest an extremely slow pace, perhaps one chapter per week. Also, how about one week of reading followed by one week of discussion?

Love the title, "The Slog Of All Slogs"!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:43:32 pm »
Like!

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 11:28:34 pm »
Agreed. Just dissect the shit out of this.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 11:48:11 pm »
How many and please the more the merrier this'll be. So, Sunday, starts a new chapter and Sunday we'll start with TDTCB Prologue and Chapter 1. Cool?

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 02:29:31 am »
Sounds good, O Captain, My Captain!  We'll launch on April 8th by reading Prologue + Chapter One of TDTCB.

I'm actually excited about this Slog! This might reawaken my enthusiasm for the series. The pace is perfect, thanks, MSJ.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 11:23:54 am »
How many and please the more the merrier this'll be. So, Sunday, starts a new chapter and Sunday we'll start with TDTCB Prologue and Chapter 1. Cool?

It sounds fine by me. :)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 01:29:43 am »
I've been meaning to reread TAE straight through so I might hop on then. If enough people get into it from the beginning though I might not be able to abstain. I love PoN too much.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 01:40:13 am »
You should join the Big Slog, Bolivar. Nice leisurely pace, one chapter per week. I'm going to try to read it with fresh eyes.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 10:49:40 am »
A chapter a week?  I can manage that pace.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 04:13:11 pm »
When do we start? I have a couple of hours to kill right now.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 04:57:57 pm »
We'll start on Sunday, on Sunday, I or whoever gets there first can make a thread in the corresponding Almanac. Lets go with a Acronym as to not confuse the first Slog of Slogs. Say.....TSoaS: TDTCB Prolouge & Chapter 1. (TSoaS= The Slog of all Slogs).

Now, this will go in the PoN Almanac. Next Sunday, TSoaS: TDTCB Chapter 2 and so on. Make the thread every Sunday, read and discuss at your leisure. I just say wait til Sunday, as its a good start for each Chapter, as we're doing it weekly. Also, give a few more days for others to see and want to join in, the more the merrier. We have about 10 so far I'd say.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 01:28:52 am »
How about ARC: TDTCB Insert Chapters Here?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 01:32:58 am »
MSJ is right, it's garbage to modify on a smartphone. ARC was for A Real Chopper. Smallest acronym wins.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer