Earwa > The No-God

Will the Mutilated step out of the shadows?

<< < (2/6) > >>

H:
Well, before there was a fair bit of risk involved in exiting the Ark.  Now, there is actually both more and less.  What they didn't know before was the danger that a god could pose, power that sorcery and Tekne is not able to stop in any real way.  So, that might make them a bit more gun-shy than before.

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: Inchoboi on May 23, 2018, 04:18:04 pm ---Gnosis? I thought it was implied that Kellhus was unique among them in that regard... delivered to the Tekne vs delivered to the Gnosis (and Daimos)?

--- End quote ---
At least some of them can do sorcery, probably taught them by Aurax/Aurang or Consult erratics.

--- Quote from: ThoughtsOfThelli on May 23, 2018, 04:29:02 pm ---
--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on May 23, 2018, 04:01:35 pm ---edit: On the other hand though, it would be cool to see them e.g. fighting alongside the No-God using sorcery and/or restored Tekne artifacts to ensure it succeeds.

--- End quote ---

You think they'll reach the conclusion that it will be worth it to actually go out on the field and fight the armies of Men (and whatever surviving Nonmen there might be)?

I really can't see that happening unless humanity does manage to organize a decent enough army and that forces their hand. That won't be happening any time soon, I'd say, unless the survival rate among the Great Ordeal was much higher than we're led to believe...

--- Quote from: Inchoboi on May 23, 2018, 04:18:04 pm ---Gnosis? I thought it was implied that Kellhus was unique among them in that regard... delivered to the Tekne vs delivered to the Gnosis (and Daimos)?

--- End quote ---

They still have Qûya working on their side, assuming some survived the battle at the end of TUC.

--- End quote ---
Well, we still have Zeüm and Eanna, but we don't know how much of a threat they may pose to them. I don't think the Mutilated would have a problem risking or giving up their individual lives if it was part of the Shortest Path to the World being shut.

stuslayer:
In another thread I posited the idea of Kellhus returning in the Dreams as a means of control of circumstance beyond death. This could be how the Mandate and Swayali learn of the Mutilated (and of course, Achamian will Dream him first).

profgrape:

--- End quote ---

One of the Mutilated uses sorcery.  Which I assumed was the Gnosis (taught by Mek or other Nonmen) although it totally could be Anagogis. 

profgrape:

--- Quote from: stuslayer on May 23, 2018, 05:54:56 pm ---In another thread I posited the idea of Kellhus returning in the Dreams as a means of control of circumstance beyond death. This could be how the Mandate and Swayali learn of the Mutilated (and of course, Achamian will Dream him first).

--- End quote ---

Love this.  Akka’s divergent Dreams were never explained. Which could make them something RSB was deliberately holding back.  I could see the revelation happening via Kellhus’ perspective?  Or even Kelmomas’?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version