How tall are the Horns?

• 35 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 12:39:51 am »
Quote from:  H
Right, I mean, if one owns a Chorae, it seems stupendously silly to not wear it all the time, otherwise, what use is it even, really?

Yea, never understood the scenes where Cnaüir was almost fried by sorcery because he has to find his chorae in his girdle. Would be much simpler to attach to a necklace or braclet that kept it in contact with the skin constantly.

Somewhat agree, but securing it makes it less likely to be lost as with a bracelet or necklace. Also, less likely to accidentally salt a sorcerer. Also, obfuscation of it allows you to mingle with sorcerers easier ( unless they can sense it, then storing it away does only small good - they find it respectful of you not to bear it and rest easier in your presence knowing a mishap is less likely ). Also less likely to be robbed from you, kinda like dangling around a diamond necklace marching with the GO ... brings attention.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:41:28 am by TaoHorror »
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2018, 12:53:29 am »
Quote from:  Tao
Somewhat agree, but securing it makes it less likely to be lost as with a bracelet or necklace. Also, less likely to accidentally salt a sorcerer. Also, obfuscation of it allows you to mingle with sorcerers easier ( unless they can sense it, then storing it away does only small good - they find it respectful of you not to bear it and rest easier in your presence knowing a mishap is less likely ). Also less likely to be robbed from you, kinda like dangling around a diamond necklace marching with the GO ... brings attention.

I get your point of securing as to not salt a sorcerer buddy, lol. But, regardless of where its at on the person, a sorcerer feels/senses that pinprick of oblivion. I like how Esme wore it strapped and her belly. It was hidden under clothes making contact next to impossible, yet offered her constant protection. You think that would be a common way of wearing one. He'll, a man could do the same around the thigh or upper arm. Unless, you know, you are The Most Violent of all Men and go shirtless to show of all those swazond.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2018, 12:59:02 am »

I get your point of securing as to not salt a sorcerer buddy, lol. But, regardless of where its at on the person, a sorcerer feels/senses that pinprick of oblivion. I like how Esme wore it strapped and her belly. It was hidden under clothes making contact next to impossible, yet offered her constant protection. You think that would be a common way of wearing one. He'll, a man could do the same around the thigh or upper arm. Unless, you know, you are The Most Violent of all Men and go shirtless to show of all those swazond.

Yeah, I couldn't remember if any/all could detect it, hence my caveat that at least it shows manners/social grace to not flaunt it ( something the breaker of horses might not care, moreover disdain ).
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2018, 01:21:05 am »
Yeah, I couldn't remember if any/all could detect it, hence my caveat that at least it shows manners/social grace to not flaunt it ( something the breaker of horses might not care, moreover disdain ).

Yet, remember, before Kellhus sorcerers were just a damned and hated as whores. Social manners were of no concern when dealing with sorcerers. Except for the rare relationship such as Xinemus shared with Akka.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

SuJuroit

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2018, 07:05:53 pm »
I see what you are saying.  I think in the long run, it's possible, but probably not really overall worth the effort it would require.

It's quicker to just dupe a bunch of people into killing the ones you don't agree with or are in your way.

I agree with this.  While I think Kellhus COULD probably combine CoC with Dunyainic dicketry to create some truly powerful effects in people, it just seems unnecessarily complex.  Kellhus can already extract ANY sacrifice from somebody with mere words.  He discovered that in Atrithau before he even met Cnaiur.  Only really crazy and/or deeply fucked up personalities seem to be able to resist him (Cnaiur, Conphas), and his preferred way of dealing with them seemed to be "have them killed".

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2018, 07:58:30 pm »
Yup. The only person that escapes his grasp is Cnaiur, and CoC or not Kellhus just didn't have access to him. Everyone else was brought to heel easily enough.
One of the other conditions of possibility.