Earwa > General Q&A

Imperial Saik & the first 2 Holy Wars [Q&A]

(1/4) > >>

mrganondorf:
Does anybody know what the Imperial Saik were doing during the first 2 holy wars?  It would be strange if they were attacked since they serve the Nansur Empire.  The emperor wouldn't want his school destroyed and the shriah would really damage relationships with the emperor, bad since they have to live so close.

But if the Saik helped the holy fight other schools, there's no mention of it.  Maybe they sat on the sidelines?

Also

(click to show/hide)The Saik were the only ones to stay true to their state loyalty, I wonder if the Great Ordeal is smashed which schools will stay loyal?

Wilshire:
(click to show/hide)Apparently the modern schools where after the Scholastic Wars, and I believe one of those was also name the First Holy War. The Second Holy War was Shimeh.

Is that right?

If so, then there was no Saik for the first war, and the Saik came in with Conphas to take Shimeh right at the end (Akka first 4 of them. I imagine the rest where around somewhere)

Cüréthañ:
(click to show/hide)I assume you are referring to the Scholastic wars (3796 to 3818)?
The Nansur empire was still at it's peak then and was probably not affected because their sorcerers are state-sanctioned and because those wars were fought on the eastern side of the 3 Seas.

The Scarlet Spires ended up taking control of Ainon in order to give themselves similar status so that they could oppose the Thousand Temples politically and three other schools banded together to form the Myunsai and gain protection by providing services for the high castes of various nations.
If you aren't talking about that, then perhaps you could specify which wars you mean?  DA's "Compendium of the First Holy War" is throwing me off maybe?

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: Cüréthañ on August 26, 2014, 10:41:36 am --- (click to show/hide)I assume you are referring to the Scholastic wars (3796 to 3818)?
The Nansur empire was still at it's peak then and was probably not affected because their sorcerers are state-sanctioned and because those wars were fought on the eastern side of the 3 Seas.

The Scarlet Spires ended up taking control of Ainon in order to give themselves similar status so that they could oppose the Thousand Temples politically and three other schools banded together to form the Myunsai and gain protection by providing services for the high castes of various nations.
If you aren't talking about that, then perhaps you could specify which wars you mean?  DA's "Compendium of the First Holy War" is throwing me off maybe?

--- End quote ---

This is what I'm thinking about--I guess I just find it confusing that they would be 'holy' wars and therefore 'Shrial.'  The distance between Momen and Sumna might be uncomfortably small in such a situation.  Could the previous holy wars be independent of the shriah?

Cüréthañ:
(click to show/hide)Inrithism is the state religion of Nansur.  The Saik are the emperor's personal servants.  Obviously exemptions to Ekyannus' war against sorcerers were made.  Hard to deal with the Nilnameshi, Zeumi, Scyvendi, Satyothi, Kian et al otherwise.

The term holy war is thrown about a lot in the history of 3c's, clearly anytime ideology is involved it's a type of holy war.  The term is mostly used descriptively rather than as a title.  The Scholastic Wars were holy wars, as was the Dagger Jihad, etc etc.  The First Holy War is specifically Inrithism vs Fanimry, even though it was itself preceded by the Vulgar Holy War.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version