Earwa > General Q&A

Proyas's mother [Q&A]

(1/4) > >>

Aural:
Hello all,

Rereading TDTCB I noticed this from Achamian's perspective,

--- Quote ---Over the four years he had spent as court tutor in the Conriyan capital of Aöknyssus, Achamian had fallen in love with the boy—even more than with his legendary mother.
--- End quote ---

Does anyone recall if she was ever mentioned again in the series?

Wilshire:
Haha, you'd think with a description like that she'd be in there again, but I don't recall that she ever is brought up again. However, my memory is mediocre at best. Maybe someone else remembers.

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: Akkeägni on October 20, 2014, 12:58:55 pm ---Hello all,

Rereading TDTCB I noticed this from Achamian's perspective,

--- Quote ---Over the four years he had spent as court tutor in the Conriyan capital of Aöknyssus, Achamian had fallen in love with the boy—even more than with his legendary mother.
--- End quote ---

Does anyone recall if she was ever mentioned again in the series?

--- End quote ---

Akkeagni - i think there is a part in WLW where proyas is reminiscing about carrying his mother's 'train' dress-thingy.  Perhaps in proyas' pov before the meeting with kellhus and nonmen?  i can't remember anything special about it, but you've got me curious!

calling it now--proyas will be like augustine for the next age of earwa and his mom will be st monica!!!

Aural:
Ah, thanks. I found the passage in WLW, but like you said, nothing special I noticed.

Garet Jax:
I completely missed both of these instances.  It is interesting to think about her now...

But, it does beg the question of how far we are reading into everything.  While realizing that our circumstances are almost forcing us to dig so deep, one must keep in mind the Dwarves of Moria who delved too greedily and too deep.  We know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum... shadow and flame.

Now do any of us want that on our conscience?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version