Earwa > General Earwa

(Spoilers All) (Srancpost) The Solitary God

<< < (2/4) > >>

H:
Once upon a time, we had a conversation about the Cishaurim, Fane and implications of the Psûhke actually being divine.

We know though that The Water is specifically not Divine in nature, only imitative of the Divine in practice.  That's a pretty big distinction though.  Thing is, Fane was wrong, flatly, because he implied that the Water came from the Solitary God, which is really doesn't (in fact, it could even be more correct to assume the exact opposite is true).  Whether he knew that to be "untrue" is probably irrelevant in the long run though.  Oddly enough, Fane was actually most correct in saying that the Tusk is bullshit, but wrong in why.

I've gone on to speculate though that the Solitary God is real, in the sense of being a real Unity Concept.  In other words, it is was The God would be, if the God were not fractured into the 100.  That may, or may not be the God of Gods, depending on how you choose to define that.  So, the Solitary God was (is?) real, just non-existent in it's current form.  So, in their own way, the Fanim were right to regard the 100 as Ciphrang, because they essentially are.  But by the same token, the Fanim are utterly wrong in thinking that the Solitary God is manifest or intercessional.

So, Fane got some stuff right, on what was "wrong" with what was, but he was also (perhaps purposely) wrong in that the opposite would be exisistant.  If we want to assume he is just a charlatan, we can say he knew this and was just duping every to get "back" at the Thousand Temples for casting him out, or if we want him to be a True Believer, we can imagine he was deluded.  There is one more option, the middle between the two, that Fane knew the 100 and the Tusk were abominations, and so forced something to oppose them, even if it wasn't actually a manifest God.

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on April 28, 2018, 02:01:17 am ---And this is Bakker we're talking about, so it could well be they were right, but their worship is all jacked/wrong. Who knows. If he/she/it ain't real, what the fuck is Mimarra looking at?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: H on April 30, 2018, 02:22:48 pm ---We know though that The Water is specifically not Divine in nature, only imitative of the Divine in practice.  That's a pretty big distinction though.  Thing is, Fane was wrong, flatly, because he implied that the Water came from the Solitary God, which is really doesn't (in fact, it could even be more correct to assume the exact opposite is true).  Whether he knew that to be "untrue" is probably irrelevant in the long run though.  Oddly enough, Fane was actually most correct in saying that the Tusk is bullshit, but wrong in why.

I've gone on to speculate though that the Solitary God is real, in the sense of being a real Unity Concept.  In other words, it is was The God would be, if the God were not fractured into the 100.  That may, or may not be the God of Gods, depending on how you choose to define that.  So, the Solitary God was (is?) real, just non-existent in it's current form.  So, in their own way, the Fanim were right to regard the 100 as Ciphrang, because they essentially are.  But by the same token, the Fanim are utterly wrong in thinking that the Solitary God is manifest or intercessional.

--- End quote ---

I tend to think along these lines too. It seems plausible to me that the entity Fane called the Solitary God does exist, but not as he thought.

H:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on April 28, 2018, 02:01:17 am ---
--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on April 27, 2018, 01:43:04 pm ---As Wilshire said, Fanimry is apparently the most wrong religion, but I think it's an appealing thought that devoted fanim/cishaurim could still be saved because they have their hearts in the right place.

--- End quote ---

And this is Bakker we're talking about, so it could well be they were right, but their worship is all jacked/wrong. Who knows. If he/she/it ain't real, what the fuck is Mimarra looking at?
--- End quote ---

Well, one, we have no idea if Cishaurim are damned or saved.  All we know is that they aren't Marked, which really isn't the same thing at all.

Also, the Judging Eye has no relation to the Solitary God.  Mimara's view with the eye is the view from the Cubit, the Solitary God would not be equal to the Cubit.  Recall, the Cubit is functionally Zero where the Solitary God would be One, and the Hundred are necessarily 1/100 (not actually true, but just for illustrative purposes).

geoffrobro:
I will be using the term 'srancpost' for my 'ideas, observations and quandaries.

In a way didn't Fane create the solitary God to have his Believers believe in "it" so that it will manifest in the outside as a greater soul, with his own sub reality or paradise.
It's what I thought kellhus was doing, gaining followers/believers/worshippers in this life so that in the outside when he becomes a hunger he can pull his followers to his paradise, his own reality. Like Odin would have Valhalla, a collection of the greatest internal warriors on standby.

Sent from my Vivo XL2 using Tapatalk

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: geoffrobro on April 30, 2018, 09:53:41 pm ---It's what I thought kellhus was doing, gaining followers/believers/worshippers in this life so that in the outside when he becomes a hunger he can pull his followers to his paradise, his own reality. Like Odin would have Valhalla, a collection of the greatest internal warriors on standby.
--- End quote ---

I like this as it's unclear to me what the "mechanism/path" is required for a god/ciphrang/outside to become.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version