Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

Quotes

(1/62) > >>

TaoHorror:
I love quotes. Love the quotes before each chapter in PON and Dune. Love them from all walks and times. So I'm starting a thread to collect cool quotes.

TaoHorror:
If you can believe it, Jack Nicholson at a younger age was self conscious of his image as an actor and was reframing from doing work that could paint him as a perenial bad guy. Stanley Kubrick approached him for the starring role in The Shining and Jack took some convincing. Jack expressed he wanted to perform optimistic stories.

Stanley Kubrick responded, "The Shining is optimistic. Any story suggesting there is an after-life is optimistic."

TaoHorror:
Ok, this thread is being ignored, no problem, no hurt feelings, I like talking to myself anyways, so here goes another winner ...

Rocky Horror Picture Show/Frankenfurter, "Don't dream it, be it"

TLEILAXU:
From Heretics of Dune: "The sun is not God!"

H:
The Royal Tenenbaums has a bunch of quotes that are really great, it's easily one of my top 3 movies, perhaps even #1.  A couple of my favorites:

--- Quote ---Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. "VĂ¡monos, amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Why would a review make the point of saying someone's not a genius? You think I'm especially not a genius?
[Pause]
You didn't even have to think about it, did you?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version