Earwa > General Earwa

How was the original Great Ordeal structured before being split up in two?

(1/2) > >>

robizeratul:
The books have weird pacing, so I am curious how Bakker invisioned it. Anyone know how it should have been>

MSJ:
Exactly how it was.

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: MSJ on December 28, 2018, 08:31:33 pm ---Exactly how it was.

--- End quote ---
I'm pretty sure the question was about "The Great Ordeal" the book, though it was called "The Horns of Golgotterath" then. Before being split into two parts - "The Great Ordeal" and "The Unholy Consult".

The actual Great Ordeal (the army) was exactly how it was, yeah.

MSJ:
The question was about the pacing of the book, not about the title. And again, the pacing of the book was exactly how Bakker intended it to be.

Never understood these questions on forums."Is that how "author" intended the ending to be?", or, "Did "author" mean to use this kind of characterization?". Well, yes, yes he did. The book is what it is. Why would you think there was some other intention?

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: MSJ on December 28, 2018, 10:44:21 pm ---Why would you think there was some other intention?

--- End quote ---
Because "The Aspect-Emperor" was originally intended to be a trilogy, with what we know now as "The Great Ordeal" and "The Unholy Consult" being one book. Its placeholder title was "The Horns of Golgotterath" (which is thematically appropriate, considering how much the words "The Horns" are used as a refrain in TUC; https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArcWords).

Also, there is the title of this thread: "How was the original Great Ordeal structured before being split up in two?" To me, this is a question about structure, of which pacing is a direct consequence.

But yeah, the moment Bakker settled on the splitting, I do think the resulting two books were structured fairly similarly to what we can see in the published versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version