The Slog WLW - Chapter 8 [Spoilers]

• 32 Replies

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 08:23:33 pm »
I'm expecting absolutely none of us to be right and we would have been better served discussing the themes and arguments presented in the books than conjecture!

Check this out:

Meigon (4002- )—A member of the Dûnyain Pragma.

Uän, Samarmau (4001- )—One of the Dûnyain Pragma.

Interesting to me that

1. These guys lived over a hundred years. Product of inbreeding with Nonman blood in the gene pool or was it something else? Might be good to check how long Anasûrimbor kings naturally lived. I wanted to make a thread about this since apparently Triamis the Great lived over 120 iirc.

2. Both were born within a year of eachother. Are the Dunyain hatched in cycles or something?

3. No death date. The prologue only mentions the elder Dûnyain were on the parapet and the polluted ones would die so maybe they weren't among them. But if they were, this seems to leave open the possibility they didn't kill themselves.

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:01 pm »
I'm expecting absolutely none of us to be right and we would have been better served discussing the themes and arguments presented in the books than conjecture!

Check this out:

Meigon (4002- )—A member of the Dûnyain Pragma.

Uän, Samarmau (4001- )—One of the Dûnyain Pragma.

Interesting to me that

1. These guys lived over a hundred years. Product of inbreeding with Nonman blood in the gene pool or was it something else? Might be good to check how long Anasûrimbor kings naturally lived. I wanted to make a thread about this since apparently Triamis the Great lived over 120 iirc.

2. Both were born within a year of eachother. Are the Dunyain hatched in cycles or something?

3. No death date. The prologue only mentions the elder Dûnyain were on the parapet and the polluted ones would die so maybe they weren't among them. But if they were, this seems to leave open the possibility they didn't kill themselves.
Yeah, it seems likely that Anasurimbor blood is now in every one of the Dunyain with their limited gene pool. Perhaps some of the long life is a result of the physical perfection they've been able to achieve as well.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 09:26:48 pm »

Where the hell is the fun in that? :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:29:09 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,