Other Titles > Light, Time, and Gravity

Light, Time, and Gravity Excerpt

<< < (4/10) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I would just remind everyone this isn't over. And that we are the unique experiences of something pretty novel - I mean, there can't have been many times in history that an author has released a book in serials, over the course of a number of weeks with an active commenting audience. Not to mention, the literary boundaries he's pushing writing a novel that explicitly references the cognitive experience of reading.

But hey, maybe he's just gonna fuck with us and he's got an alternate, print version ending coming!?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---I don't enjoy reading from a screen either.

Anyway, blown away. Yeah, taken by surprise in the end by the original Cutter foreshadowing - but who's handwriting was it on the manuscript? The 'it'?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Murphy ---I really liked it. Some things didn't go the way I expected at all. I really thought the editor's "forward" was going to turn out to be written by Dylan. Also I fell for Dylan's demonizing of Cutter, and took it all at face value until the penultimate section, so the ending worked well on a surprise level, when you realise the whole thing is about justifying the fact he killed a perfectly ordinary guy for no real reason.

And the last line goes to Scarface! Pop culture won.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Welcome, Murphy. Good to see you that dose of Light, Time, and Gravity brought you here. I have a feeling LTG's little subforum is going to boom a little.

I always laugh when I read titles within books. Fucking Family Guy.

I've got a quick philosophy paper to write but I'm probably going to start rereading LTG again this aft as I have three days off from work and I intend on ignoring them for that long. So expect some posting from me - especially on Light, Time, and Gravity and Neuropath.

By the way, Murphy - a little food for thought - I can imagine an interpretation of this tale suggesting that Cutter doesn't exist, that he is nothing more than Dylan's It.

You know... I wonder if Bakker took the last two week absence from the blog - as LTG's been written so he has just been posting cuts - to polish up the TUC excerpt ;). Perhaps, we're still waiting for the left hook.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Murphy ---Hi! Thanks for having me.

"By the way, Murphy - a little food for thought - I can imagine an interpretation of this tale suggesting that Cutter doesn't exist, that he is nothing more than Dylan's It."

Ooh! That is even better.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version