Other Titles > Light, Time, and Gravity

Light, Time, and Gravity Excerpt

<< < (8/10) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Well, it's a bit hard to write down that you've definately killed yourself! Okay, just being cheeky!

I'd wondered if it was Cutter. Really to me it seems like you can travel down various avenues - I'd prefer to go with a straight Cutter run down. But if someone else goes for an innocent bystander run down, I wouldn't try to argue them out of it. It's interesting to see the avenue someone else went down. Heck, sometimes someones avenue is so compelling on hearing it, you wanna switch avenues! Anyway, to me Dylan wanted to run down Cutter - if it was someone else, it kind of doesn't matter. That's why I stick with the straight Cutter run down, cause that's what he wanted. BUT, did he want him to die - if he didn't check the papers? He does seem to become schismed latter, both shuddering (in mortal horror) yet not connected to his shuddering and laughing at it. So it might be better to talk about the motives of two Dylans.

On another subject, what's up with Missy? Was that just a straight up female empowerment role (with just a bit of 'but she starts falling for a dofus when he shows a bare minimum of kindness' cautionary tale)? I really like her "When you sign my fucking checks!" line, cause it wraps so much of the complex issue of demurement of personal will for money, forcefully showing it's not demurement for any old fucker. She even goes to quit instead of taking shit. Anyone else think Missy is cool? :)
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Armitage ---Apropos of nothing, I just read a university job posting in which the search committee chair is named Dylan Wiersma.

I would be terrified to interview with that guy.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---That is awesome...
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---So looking back, was it bad of me to think of Dylan with that guys wife having some future? I know it's sad that his romantic attribtue was to actually have read books. But still?
--- End quote ---

Aural:

--- Quote ---What is the meaning of a deluded life?

I ask this question the first day of all my undergraduate classes, as a segue to discussing the ‘Purpose of Literature.’

Someone in the class always laughs–or at the very least smiles. Perhaps they’ve confused ‘delusion’ for the passing of gas.
--- End quote ---

So, I liked the title and thought this one might have less semen/fart/urine/anus jokes, but no, he opens with one... It's like he didn't learn anything from his DotD failure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version