Other Titles > Light, Time, and Gravity

Light, Time, and Gravity Excerpt

<< < (9/10) > >>

Wilshire:
I think he just writes what he likes. Sure everyone wants to make money and be successful, but some aren't willing to conform to outside pressures and just do what everyone wants.

Which is basically just saying: he likes to make fart jokes *shrug*.

Madness:
I don't think DOTD was a failure. And I actually think it important to include the "human" elements in fiction. Not only does the mundane provide a good contrast to the epic, but it can't be movies all the time.

I fart.

Aural:

--- Quote from: Madness on May 19, 2014, 08:27:54 pm ---I don't think DOTD was a failure. And I actually think it important to include the "human" elements in fiction. Not only does the mundane provide a good contrast to the epic, but it can't be movies all the time.

I fart.

--- End quote ---

I meant that DOTD is failure in terms of sales. Also,  filling every story you write with gratuitous fart and semon jokes that are not even funny (like the one above) is really not necessary, in fact it lessens his works. And as someone who likes Bakker and wishes him all the success that he deserves it's kind of sad to see him keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Wilshire:
"Mistake", "funny", "failure" are all relative. Perhaps he has accomplished exactly what he wants with each word he has written. Maybe sales just aren't as important to the writer as telling what, in his opinion, are hilarious jokes.

Aural:
Yeah, you're right humor is subjective. But there is no doubt that the book is at the very least a commercial failure, and the idea that sales aren't important to Bakker seems unlikely. But forget it, sorry for derailing the thread. I actually look forward to this title and will definitely buy it if it's released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version