Titirga. A future role to play? **False Sun Spoilers**

• 22 Replies

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 05:49:28 pm »
The White Luck Warrior could only be defeated by someone trapped in linear time within the world by somehow directing its path of actions through the path of actions determined by the actions of the No-God or Inchoroi weapon races, since they are soulless and invisible to the Gods.

Kellhus personally being with the Great Ordeal makes him safer from the White Luck than he'd ever be in the Empire.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 06:14:33 pm »
I mostly, but was suggesting, more or less, that the Psuke is equally invisible to the gods and would function similarly to NG/Weapon-races.Therefore, his path was chosen by Kellhus/Other to intercept WLW by establishing the events we have seen that have led Fanayal to Momemn.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:52 pm »
Ah but the other actions of humans that don't mark the onta are all visible to the Gods. The important thing is that a soul be involved. They can see you chop down a tree with an axe just as easily as blow it up with the Gnosis.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 09:06:07 pm »
The White Luck Warrior could only be defeated by someone trapped in linear time within the world by somehow directing its path of actions through the path of actions determined by the actions of the No-God or Inchoroi weapon races, since they are soulless and invisible to the Gods.

Kellhus personally being with the Great Ordeal makes him safer from the White Luck than he'd ever be in the Empire.

Wow, I'd never thought of that!  Do you think Kellhus' end goal is to lock himself in the Ark?  Away from the WLW?  With the meta-gnosis, he might be able to seal it up even better than the first time.  Metal not of this world in some erie sense.  Lots o topoi.  Maybe a good place to avoid a WLW. 

Just saying that makes me wonder if other characters from the First Apocalypse were WLW.  Like Nau-Kayuti: the gods use him to get the Heron Spear (which would clash with above) then have no use for him.  Or Anaxophus, the WLW to kill Mog or whoever is wearing the Mog suit?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:16 am »
Ah but the other actions of humans that don't mark the onta are all visible to the Gods. The important thing is that a soul be involved. They can see you chop down a tree with an axe just as easily as blow it up with the Gnosis.
Specifically, the Gods cannot see an intellect without a soul.

But I disagree, since the tree was simply always blown over, as this is how the God made it. The reader knows the tree was up, then pushed down by the Psuke, but to a being falsely convinced of its own omnipotence, the tree was always down. It wouldn't be able to recognize the inconsistency, for that would mean it was wrong, which is impossible.

The WLW's vision would be altered without him, or Yatwer, even realizing it. His life ending because thats how it always was. The WLW POV, and his certainty, would remain even if he died. If given a postmortem view, he would say he always saw his death coming, this it already happened, long before he got to Kellhus. Only the reader would know this to be a lie.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:26:48 pm by Wilshire »

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 05:38:20 pm »
hm, how is it we know anything is blind to the gods?  could be a pack of lies!  maybe their in on this no-god thing, yatwer certainly seems to want to help the consult

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 07:30:12 pm »
Wanting to help the Consult and wanting to destroy Kellhus are not the same thing. I'd say Yatwer, the god of Birth, would be the last one that would want to help the Consult, but many of the others might want to... War, Famine, Disease/Pestilence, and Deceit are all contenders.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 08:10:17 pm »
i don't know, bakker's going to flip the world over some way, somehow, i don't remember any q&a directly with the gods, it would smash our notion of things

the gods created the inchoroi and sent them to earwa to shut the world from the outside--maybe they're tired of being gods, or they'll be more free cut off from maximal objectivity, or it's some ploy of the hundred or a faction of it to hurt other gods or the god of gods...anyways, the inchoroi are treated the same way conphas treats biaxi sompas, they are told that they must succeed in cutting off the world or they will burn, all of them

for all i know yatwer is overseeing all kinds of birth in the outside and could stand to lose the last bottommost, low-brow level of reality

hey wouldn't it be neat if there are chorae in outside level 1 that negate interruptions from level 2 and above & level 2 has chorae against level 3 and up and so on