• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:41:41 am »
Chapter 4:

What? What does She want? And it would be the "She" who appalled him the most, who filled his bowel with nervous water. She. Yatwer. The Mother of Birth...

"Then you must do everything in your power to discover what the Gods do want. Everything."

Continuing what we have already seen in WLW, but the fact is the gods are intervening here.  No more passive approaches.  Which begs the question, if they are being so overt as we see, what covert things might they be doing as well?

"The war is real," he said with dull wonder. "The Aspect-Emperor... His war is real."
"Perhaps..." Zsoronga said after listening to Obotegwa's translation. "But are his reasons?"

Neatly summarizes the quote Aspect Emperor here.  Are his reasons real, when we know that TTT is an elaborate lie?

He could not pinch and mould the way the Shigeki slave had because the earth was so dry, so he raised the cheeks by cupping dust beneath his palms, sculpted the brow and nose with a trembling fingertip. He held his breath clutched and shallow, lest he mar his creation with an errant exhalation. He fussed over the work, even used the edge of his fingernail to render details. It was a numb and loving labour. When he was finished, he rested his head in the crook of his arm and gazed at the thing's shadowy profile, trying to blink away the deranged impossibility of it.

So, divine revelation.  Yatwer seeks to enlighten, or to elevate him in stature?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:17:13 am »
The war is real,” he said with dull wonder. “The Aspect-Emperor … His war is real.”“Perhaps …” Zsoronga said after listening to Obotegwa’s translation. “But are his reasons?"

Ok. So, Zsoronga sounds like H here, lol. You know though, the more I think on it I keep getting pulled to this conclusion. Helping humanity by destroying the Consult would only be a side effect. Kellhus has ulterior motives, no doubt about it. I see why you can't consider him a savior.

That you possess the gifts of a great king,” Eskeles replied, squeezing his shoulder the way his father had, whenever he took pride in his son’s accomplishments. Gifts? something within him wanted to cry. No … Only things that the dirt had told him.

Why would Yatwer seemingly help out Kellhus? Provide Soorwel with info that there is a Yoke headed at the GO blindside? Or, just a ploy to get Sorweel where he needs to be?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:28:25 pm »
The war is real,” he said with dull wonder. “The Aspect-Emperor … His war is real.”“Perhaps …” Zsoronga said after listening to Obotegwa’s translation. “But are his reasons?"

Ok. So, Zsoronga sounds like H here, lol. You know though, the more I think on it I keep getting pulled to this conclusion. Helping humanity by destroying the Consult would only be a side effect. Kellhus has ulterior motives, no doubt about it. I see why you can't consider him a savior.

I guess Zsoronga is just a real smart guy?  ;)

That you possess the gifts of a great king,” Eskeles replied, squeezing his shoulder the way his father had, whenever he took pride in his son’s accomplishments. Gifts? something within him wanted to cry. No … Only things that the dirt had told him.

Why would Yatwer seemingly help out Kellhus? Provide Soorwel with info that there is a Yoke headed at the GO blindside? Or, just a ploy to get Sorweel where he needs to be?

Yeah, I think it's to posture Sorweel into the place he needs to be to aid the WLW.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira