General > News/Announcements

How grimdark is TDTCB?

(1/8) > >>

Yellow:
Mark Lawrence is running a poll on his blog to try and rate different novels according to how grimdark they are (and therefore get a feel for what the genre actually defines).

Anyway, TDTCB is there, but it can't be added to the list until it gets 100 votes. If you haven't already, consider going along and voting (and also on the others in the low vote list).

http://mark---lawrence.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/grimdark-were-nailing-it-down.html?m=1

Wilshire:
As of when I clicked it, 82 votes, 52 of which are 5 out of 5.

This might be interesting. Already some good examples of what "isn't" grimdark - Magicians, Lock Lamora, The Sword of Shannara (lol, I hope this is the low bar)

Prince of Thorns is currently the high water mark by far, which I havent read so can't comment. Seems appropriate form what I've heard.

Blade itself is somewhere in the high 3's.

All very interesting. I do hope people vote "based on how grimdarky" a book is, rather than "how much they like it". Thanks for posting!

Yellow:
I've never read Mark Lawrence's books, but I might give them a try based on this result. Oooh, he's suckered me in ;)

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Yellow on August 24, 2017, 07:27:37 pm ---I've never read Mark Lawrence's books, but I might give them a try based on this result. Oooh, he's suckered me in ;)

--- End quote ---

POT has been on my list for a long time. One of these days ...

MSJ:
Just voted, 96 votes after me. Come on, only need 4 for more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version