Earwa > The No-God

What else will the No-God say?

(1/3) > >>

mrganondorf:
I find it unlikely that the No-God only repeats the same phrase unendingly.  I think it more likely that Bakker narrowed his lines down thus far for effect.  So, what else might Mog say?  Probably more self-agony stuff.

I'm betting there's at least one scene with Esmi speakin with her son(s), a bakkeresque subversion of those scenes where a character gets a robot to recall that they were once human kind of thing.

H:
Also keep in mind that Skafra tells Seswatha:

--- Quote ---“Our Lord,” the dragon grated, “hath tasted thy King’s passing, and he saith, ‘It is done.’”
--- End quote ---

Although there is no way to know if Skafra means it literally or figuratively.

TaoHorror:
Yes, a robot remembering he was human reminds me of David Bowen in 2010 Space Odyssey and more remote to the Frank Miller's comic Hard Boiled. A robot confused with it's consciousness, like how can this be if I'm not human. It adds to the terror of the thing, like if you had no control of your body, but you consciously experienced everything your body was doing against your will. Out of nowhere, you're slaughtering your family and friends, you're seeing it, living it, but not willing it.

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: H on August 06, 2021, 01:35:41 pm ---Also keep in mind that Skafra tells Seswatha:

--- Quote ---“Our Lord,” the dragon grated, “hath tasted thy King’s passing, and he saith, ‘It is done.’”
--- End quote ---

Although there is no way to know if Skafra means it literally or figuratively.

--- End quote ---

NICE ONE H!!!

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on August 06, 2021, 02:12:34 pm ---Yes, a robot remembering he was human reminds me of David Bowen in 2010 Space Odyssey and more remote to the Frank Miller's comic Hard Boiled. A robot confused with it's consciousness, like how can this be if I'm not human. It adds to the terror of the thing, like if you had no control of your body, but you consciously experienced everything your body was doing against your will. Out of nowhere, you're slaughtering your family and friends, you're seeing it, living it, but not willing it.

--- End quote ---

TaoHorror - you make me think that Mog might try to kill Esmi specifically -- perhaps in some mangled fashion similar to a Nonman trying to recover himself via memory/murder

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version