Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 08:00:40 pm »
"Any price"
Inrau's bare few scenes are full of poetry. Love it.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 04:41:00 pm »
Finished Chapter 4 last night. I know Bakker has stated that Onkis is of no real importance....but with lines like this...

Inrau had found his grotto in the shrine of Onkis, the Singer-in-the-Dark, the Aspect who stood at the heart of all men, moving them to forever grasp far more than they could hold.

She came before him.

She seems to definitely be the goddess of What comes Before, the Darkness. I've always expected her to playna larger role...alas.

Piggybacking off of aome other members comments, we see how ignorant and precious Inrau was in a world full of awful people. I do bwlieve he found something in the Shriah's apartment. Maybe a skin spy or a correspondence with a certain Cish. Anyhow, he says to himself, "If I could just forget!", when thinking on it.

On to chapter 5 tonight.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,