Video Game Thread! What are you playing?

• 138 Replies

Camlost

• The Ginger-Beard Wizard
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 12:26:51 pm »
Because Rick and Morty is possibly the best cartoon, I thought I mention I found this: Pocket Mortys for mobile. Hilarious spoof of pokemon via Rick and Morty
Found that a few months back too. Great for a few spare minutes, any amount of extended play gets tedious.

If you want a real game, check out Jerry's Game also from Rick and Morty. It's nihilism incarnate

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 03:11:20 pm »
Yeah it got old pretty quick, but the first few hours were greatly amusing to me.

One of the other conditions of possibility.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »
I've been playing Dark Souls II on PS4 with the free time I've been able to find. This is my girst deep dive into a Souls game since Demon's back on PS3 and I've really gotten into it.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 04:54:53 pm »
So did anyone ever play No Man's Sky? The reviews were so bad, and the internet hates it. But I have yet to find a first hand account of it that I trust.

Vegetables

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 01:31:59 am »
So did anyone ever play No Man's Sky? The reviews were so bad, and the internet hates it. But I have yet to find a first hand account of it that I trust.

I did. It's not so much that it was bad but that the device team made promises and claims that simply were not in the game. This went as far as prerendered images posing as screenshots in their steam store page.
The game was lack luster. Although pretty it lacked the content of plenty of other games f the same genre that are half the price or less.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 12:55:27 pm »
Thanks. Yeah that's kind of what everyone is saying. Lots of disappointed people out there (including me) - they promised so much.

Garet Jax

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 04:01:20 pm »
Thanks. Yeah that's kind of what everyone is saying. Lots of disappointed people out there (including me) - they promised so much.

I have done little to no research into the game, but wasn't there talk of "DLC"?  I thought this first release was almost a beta (for lack of a better term) and it was to be filled out by future expansions/releases?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 04:28:58 pm »
Maybe after-the-fact, after loads of negative reviews and pissed off customers, they may have said something to that effect - but they already ruined their initial release, and since this is basically a new developer, I imagine that will be the doom of the series and any potential it might have had.

I think they made a record for number of returns/refunds via Steam :P .

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 05:08:57 pm »
I can't believe there wasn't a video game thread! So I made one.

I am currently playing Dragon Quest Builders and it's basically Minecraft with better graphics and story. I decided to "role-play" the Builder as Proyas. To put it very simply, he dies at the Occlusion but wakes up in a place called Alefgard.

And oddly enough, I think he fits right in, but spends quite a bit of time weeping while resolving to help the people rebuild their cities and fight monsters.

For the longest time, I was playing Terraria with mods and Dark Souls 3 before that.

What are you playing?

Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 05:11:00 pm »
Since I have next to no free time, all I can do is try to manage a half hour or so of Diablo 3 per week.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »
Merged :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 08:20:48 pm »
I pretty much only play Starcraft II. I bought Starcraft Remastered but barely played it online. Might start playing it more often in the future. I've also played a lot of Warcraft III, but I burned out on that game a while ago.

Srancy

• Momurai
  • Unconditioned Shit Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 06:51:48 pm »
Field of Glory II is out!

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 07:01:06 pm »
Age of Empires II. That's it for the moment.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 09:12:25 am »
Gwent: the witcher card game.

Maybe I will try Shadow of War and AC: Origins (this when available).
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.