• 78 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2016, 07:26:48 am »
Just out of curiousity, what's being disputed here? I thought it was one thing and now it seems to have been another.

Lol. No longer a dispute. We have all exhausted our interest in Ajokli. :)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2016, 12:46:56 pm »
Lol. The thread is called Momas Almighty ;).

I really wanted to see more of the other cults in TGO.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »
Yawter and Ajokli have the most interesting cults because they are not really absorbed into the body of the Thousand Temples.  In a sense we're getting the choice tidbits of Three Seas religious activity.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2016, 01:03:21 pm »
Can we rule out the possibility that other cults still retain a para-institutional subgroup like the Yatwerians seem to?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2016, 02:03:46 pm »
The Narindar are in theory such an organization. It'll work differently than the organization of the Yatwer sub-cult, but still.
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2016, 06:27:52 pm »
For what its worth, MSJ had very compelling points. That half of the happenings here was entertaining :)

Back to the beginning two statements that spawned the next 3 pages:

I'd say that there is plenty of textual evidence that Kelmommas is a agent/tool of Ajokli.

How much of that evidence comes from anywhere but Kelmomas's musings, though?

MSJ pretty well covered the request and supported his initial position :) .
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2016, 09:32:41 pm »
For what its worth, MSJ had very compelling points. That half of the happenings here was entertaining :)

Back to the beginning two statements that spawned the next 3 pages:

I'd say that there is plenty of textual evidence that Kelmommas is a agent/tool of Ajokli.

How much of that evidence comes from anywhere but Kelmomas's musings, though?

MSJ pretty well covered the request and supported his initial position :) .

Well, thank you, Wilshire! :)

You know the one thing I've learned from internetting on the forums here? You don't want me to be your lawyer! Because I'll argue till I'm blue in the face and swear I'm have enough evidence, then I just say.......fuck it! You win! I'm not ever gonna change these bastards minds or get them to just say, "Yes, MSJ. You're right.". I'm a softy, you'd be doing 25 to life....trust me. :)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2016, 11:06:39 pm »
MSJ hs excellent points.  I did begin the argument by saying he was probably right.  He just has no smoking gun, there at least one other possible explanation, and our writer has at least one and probably more metaphysical rabbits to pull out of his hat.   Thus the doubt.

The cults of Yawter and Ajokli are by their nature's hostile to the authority of the Thousand Temples.  Ajokli is hostile to any institutionalized authority at all (as appropriate to a malign trickster god) and Yawter's alignment with the givers and hatred of the takers means that any institution that the elite of the Three Seas are comfortable with is going to be viewed with hostility by the true believers.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2016, 12:13:58 am »
MSJ hs excellent points.  I did begin the argument by saying he was probably right.  He just has no smoking gun, there at least one other possible explanation, and our writer has at least one and probably more metaphysical rabbits to pull out of his hat.   Thus the doubt.

I do have a smoking gun. The 3rd earthquake, the one that sent the WLW to his demise. Earthquakes are caused by the Gods, and Ajokli used it to finish the job off.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2016, 12:15:24 am »
You mean sent by Yawter to allow the White Luck Warrior to kill the Aspect Emperor.   

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2016, 12:20:07 am »
You mean sent by Yawter to allow the White Luck Warrior to kill the Aspect Emperor.

No the one after the ceiling came down. I will find the quote and give you proof shortly.. The last one was caused by Ajokli.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2016, 01:45:37 am »
Lol. The thread is called Momas Almighty ;).

I really wanted to see more of the other cults in TGO.

Well they was wondering if Momas was Kelmommas's namesake, then it just spiralled from there, you know?

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2016, 08:05:18 am »
Everybody apparently has Narindar at some point or another. Just Ajokli's entire priesthood is composed of nothing but permanent Narindari. Also the Anagkeans at least apparently retain an independent structure from the Thousand Temples, judging from dialogue in TJE and their attempt on Esmenet's life.

As to the Earthquake...did Yatwer send it, or did Yatwer just know it was going to happen? Or maybe like Samarmas suggests, there's no meaningful difference.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2016, 01:04:52 pm »
Do the Anagkeans maintain an independent structure or were their some Anagkeans willing to kill the Aspect-Emperor within the Thousand Temples?  It's unlikely Yawter is the only one of the Hundred that sees the coming horror and blames the Aspect-Emperor.  Were the assassins orthodox holdouts, divinely inspired rebels, or an actual independent cult?

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2016, 03:35:39 pm »
The implication when the leaders of the Yatwerian cult were discussing them seems to be that the Anagkeans were independent but after the assassination attempt they were gutted in reprisal.