Kellhus's Visions

• 19 Replies

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 05:45:21 am »
The head on the pole has to be Onkis though, right? The similarity to Onkis's aspect (according to the wiki) is just too close to be otherwise.

You would think that, but Bakker said it was not. Also, said the Nonmen did not shatter the God to create the 100, The God did.

Interestingly, the passage from the Book of Fane that starts the Momemn prologue mentions as much.
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 05:59:09 am »
The head on the pole has to be Onkis though, right? The similarity to Onkis's aspect (according to the wiki) is just too close to be otherwise.

You would think that, but Bakker said it was not. Also, said the Nonmen did not shatter the God to create the 100, The God did.

Interestingly, the passage from the Book of Fane that starts the Momemn prologue mentions as much.

Right, I was gonna quote that. So, from that, should we assume the the Fanim had it right all along. But, why would the God shatter himself?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 02:39:29 pm »
It's almost as if the Cishaurim (not sure about the Fanim in general) were the antithesis of the Dunyain:
- Dunyain are all about reason, trying to breed out emotion.
- Cishaurim magic relies heavily on emotions, rather than reason. They are also the prophets/priests of the Solitary God, if I'm not mistaken.
Kellhus had this figured out in TTT upon seeing his father and thereafter setup the stage for Meppa's extreme emotions, for a purpose that remains to be seen. I expect such powerful emotions and Water are necessary for something to do with The Plan.

I get the impression the Solitary God 'shed' his various aspects and in doing that, created the gods/demons/whatever, keeping only the essential aspect, being emotions. The Gods in turn seem to lack this, and possibly need to feed on mortals who die. It would explain the world as a granary passage, as well as explain why the Fanim view the Hundred as demons. But I can't back this up, apart from the Head on a Pole passage whare we see things feeding on mortal emotions, as well as the damnation views by Mimara.
It may be that the Solitary God is not supposed to be read as "the Only" God, but as "the one from which all other gods came". Solitary apparently is also a word for a hermit/recluse, which is another similarity to the Dunyain/Ishual.

I know I quote the song about Anarlu's head often, but I still think there's a link between that and the story of the God(s).
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 07:08:27 am »
H, damn I really like your idea that it is Kellhus guiding himself from the Outside. And, that makes sense about the legs of a beast. Did you see Bakker's reply to my question at Westeros? I think your on the right track. Or, at the very least it seems we will get an answer to it all. A transformation, he says.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 10:24:54 am »
H, damn I really like your idea that it is Kellhus guiding himself from the Outside. And, that makes sense about the legs of a beast. Did you see Bakker's reply to my question at Westeros? I think your on the right track. Or, at the very least it seems we will get an answer to it all. A transformation, he says.

Indeed.  I think I might be on the right track, but I'm sure there is at least something, or more probably several somethings, I am missing.

In any case though, I think the visions change for the same reason that Akka's dream change, only for the opposite reason.  Where changes in the present different results in the future (Kellhus' visions) changes in the present mean differing perspectives of the past (Akka's dreams), or something like that, it' still early in the morning here...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira