Earwa > General Q&A

The Sohonc and the Mangaecca [Q&A]

(1/1)

Aural:
Where were those two schools based initially? The Sohonc was at Suaglish and the Mangaecca (before Golgotterath) in Tryse? And is it true that the Library of Sauglish was in the hands of the Sohonc?

Cüréthañ:
(click to show/hide)I noticed today that according to the False Sun references, the Sohonc is noted as "Founded by Gin’yursis, Holy Siqu, in the time of Nincama-Telesser (574-668)" and his star pupil, Sos-praniura founded the Mangeacca (684).

...Yeah, that Gin'yursis - the wraith-king of Cil'Aujis...

The Sohonc seem to have been based in Sauglish, but I'm not sure where the Mangeacca were based before they began excavating and looting Viri.
Seems likely that they also spent most of their history in Sauglish, city of robes.

From the early days of the Nonman Tutelage, Sauglish was established as the intellectual capital of the Ancient North, home to the first Gnostic Schools and to the Great Library of Sauglish.

Interestingly, Cet'Ingira hass to have been conspiring with the Mangeacca to get through the barricades for around 300 years. (since 777)

And another comparative tidbit that has been questioned somewhere else, I'm sure.

The Sohonc, which was by far the largest of the Tutelage Schools, could boast only some fifty sorcerers of rank. The Mangaecca, it could be assumed, possessed no more than thirty.

Aural:
(click to show/hide)Thanks, didn't notice that reference in TFS. The PON Wiki mentions a contradiction over who really founded the Sohonc, Noshainrau or Ginyursis. I guess that settles it then.

Cynical Cat:
(click to show/hide)An interesting bit from the glossary of The Unholy Consult (specifically the Chorae Hail) indicates that the at the time of the first Ordeal the Sohonc could muster nearly 200 sorcerers.
[EDIT Madness: Spoiler tags.]

Cynical Cat:
Remember that there is roughly a thousand years between those two time periods, a thousand years where the North is powerful and dominant region and all those members of the Few that would have been recruited by the now outlawed Mangaecca will be going to other schools.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version