[TUC spoilers] The visions - Not Ajokli?

• 54 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 03:23:39 pm »
Quote from:  Jorram
Being one of the two whose questions on the AMA are referenced in the OP, my take, for what it's worth, is that the Vision (at least the one in GTO) is not Ajokli. I rather feel that the Vision is an outlet for Kellhus' actual being a Prophet and that he chose, for whatever reasons, to ignore and mistrust this experience and to do some demon negotiations instead.

The entity that I believe was actually Ajokli in the text, is "the most crocodilian of the Sons".

+1

And, I think that is the outlet in which we'll see Kellhus going forward.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »
- Nau-Cayuti is not a direct ancestor of Kellhus (unless he meant that in a more general way)

- but then why the hell do the Mutilated take this seriously at all?
Question - Do you know Anasurimbor Ganrelka II relation to Celmomas II? All I saw was that he was his successor, wasn't sure if he was specifically a son or what all. But I assume it was a general note regardless.

As for The Mutilated taking the prophecy seriously point, sometimes I think it just relates to being somewhat unclear on what will work as well. It seemed like they wanted to try Kellhus and Kelmomas was a backup plan. 'We need a soul, Nau-Cayuti worked before out of tens of thousands, there is a prophecy about his bloodline returning...'

I have to wonder if Celmomas having a prophecy featuring Kellhus around his death might actually be Kellhus trying to reach from the Outside to the Now. I mean, we already now the Outside has a very, very strange relationship with time. But I feel like Saubon seeing his own death before and after might relate to this if Akka's dreams have some truth.

TwoMinutesToApocalypse

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2017, 01:41:05 am »
Is this all going to end up with Kellhus making some sort of time loop?

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2017, 02:15:25 am »
Prophecy is a time loop by nature. If we trust Akka's dream, Celmommas saw Kellhus as he is in the future, decapitated and all.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2017, 02:18:47 am »
Prophecy is a time loop by nature. If we trust Akka's dream, Celmommas saw Kellhus as he is in the future, decapitated and all.
Remember that the No-God can disrupt eternity tho.

Cüréthañ

• Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 02:34:04 am »
Yep, the Nogod might be responsible.

I should also mention that I meant to say 'decapitants', burrito correct had other plans.

Edit; ffs, autocorrect

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 04:05:17 am »
Yep, the Nogod might be responsible.

I should also mention that I meant to say 'decapitants', burrito correct had other plans.

Edit; ffs, autocorrect

Totally off-topic, but 'burrito correct' is pretty hilarious.
No whistling on the slog!

Cüréthañ

• Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 04:34:06 am »
Don't argue with the burrito man

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:26 pm »
That's such gold.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2017, 01:40:40 pm »
+1 for the "most crocodilian of the Sons" being Ajokli, especially as it matches Cnaiur's swazond.

Even though the Gods cannot see the No-God, they can still identify those mortals who were most prominent in the world right before it all went dark from their PoV. So if, from Gilgaol's PoV, the final Apocalypse looks like Kellhus ruling the World, marching a huge army into the North and then *bang!* the Outside is shut off, he's going to make the assumption that Kellhus is to blame and try to avert it through Celmomas' dying vision. The similarities of the two situations (massive army called the Great Ordeal, led by an Anasurimbor, getting slaughtered in the North of Earwa) presumably made it easier for Gilgaol to get the message through at that precise moment.

The vision is not Gilgaol saying, "Here's the schmuck who will unleash/become the No-God." He's saying, "No-God? WTF is that? Everything is fine in your time period, so quit yer whining. Now listen, here's the guy you need to worry about. The real Apocalypse is something to do with him."
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."