Earwa > The No-God

Will Akka and co even make it back to the TS?

<< < (2/10) > >>

profgrape:

--- Quote from: ThoughtsOfThelli on May 29, 2018, 02:29:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: H on May 29, 2018, 02:18:07 pm ---Well, I'd think it would be nearly impossible for Akka, Mimara, Esmenet and the baby to foot-slog it all the way back, now that there is no Ordeal to draw the Sranc to it.  It would also be a bad idea to try to cut through Scylvendi territory.  So, I think it will have to either be a deus ex machina to get them out, or that they somehow carve out a hiding somewhere they can get to.  The last option would probably be finding some actual people along the coast who would sail them south.
--- End quote ---

For the time being at least, hiding seems like the best option. The No-God is not that likely to get to them if they stay away from densely populated areas. (Of course, they can't do so forever...)
I'd think that most of the capable Scylvendi warriors were with Cnaiür and would currently still be away from their territory (the ones that are still alive, that is)...but it'd still be a bad idea for Akka and co. to go through the Steppe, yes.

--- End quote ---

A bad idea for sure.  But perhaps the least bad given the alternatives?

@H that's an excellent point about not having the Ordeal to draw the Sranc.  While a big chunk of the Norsorai Sranc population died at Dagliash, there are I'm sure plenty of them left, especially along the Demua mountains. 

Short of a deus ex machina (Zeumi corsairs searching for their prince, for example), the only thing I could imagine is that Akka and co shadow the Scylvendi back, perhaps with the Excursi in tow?  Or one of the Forsaken teaches Akka how to weave a Gateway.

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: profgrape on May 29, 2018, 03:36:27 pm ---Or one of the Forsaken teaches Akka how to weave a Gateway.

--- End quote ---
And then gets mysteriously killed so we can speculate about that endlessly?

profgrape:

--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on May 29, 2018, 03:47:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: profgrape on May 29, 2018, 03:36:27 pm ---Or one of the Forsaken teaches Akka how to weave a Gateway.

--- End quote ---
And then gets mysteriously killed so we can speculate about that endlessly?

--- End quote ---
"...you?"

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: profgrape on May 29, 2018, 03:36:27 pm ---A bad idea for sure.  But perhaps the least bad given the alternatives?

@H that's an excellent point about not having the Ordeal to draw the Sranc.  While a big chunk of the Norsorai Sranc population died at Dagliash, there are I'm sure plenty of them left, especially along the Demua mountains. 

Short of a deus ex machina (Zeumi corsairs searching for their prince, for example), the only thing I could imagine is that Akka and co shadow the Scylvendi back, perhaps with the Excursi in tow?  Or one of the Forsaken teaches Akka how to weave a Gateway.

--- End quote ---

Hey, when you're in the middle of an Apocalypse, "least bad" is pretty much the same as "good".

There are just so many Sranc around Eärwa that even accounting for a) those killed by the Ordeal and b) those that the No-God will take along to wreck cities, there will likely still be more than enough around to pose a significant threat.

Or maybe Akka suddenly realizes he had the power of the Metagnosis all along. (Seswatha power boost?) For a deus ex machina, it's not a completely implausible one...

profgrape:

--- Quote from: ThoughtsOfThelli on May 29, 2018, 04:55:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: profgrape on May 29, 2018, 03:36:27 pm ---A bad idea for sure.  But perhaps the least bad given the alternatives?

--- End quote ---

Hey, when you're in the middle of an Apocalypse, "least bad" is pretty much the same as "good".

There are just so many Sranc around Eärwa that even accounting for a) those killed by the Ordeal and b) those that the No-God will take along to wreck cities, there will likely still be more than enough around to pose a significant threat.

Or maybe Akka suddenly realizes he had the power of the Metagnosis all along. (Seswatha power boost?) For a deus ex machina, it's not a completely implausible one...

--- End quote ---

Or Dream-Kellhus teaches him the Metagnosis?  But is this even possible?  As far as we know, only Kellhus, Serwa and Saccarees have successfully cast a Metagnostic Cant -- a Dunyain prodigy, a half-Dunyain prodigy and a human prodigy.  Akka's an accomplished sorcerer in his own right (a War Cant master or something) so maybe he could grasp the Metagnosis if he has the right teacher?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version